Dragonriders of Masai
Elemental Airship of Arcanis, 'The Aria'
An ornate Elemental Airship that speaks to an age long gone by; it’s crafted of a shining silver metal that reminds them of what they’ve read of Arcanis.
Made of a combination of metal and wood, the Aria is powered by the bound elemental within. It’s unique enclosed design allows air-breathing creatures to survive comfortably in hostile environments, such as vacuum, water, and noxious vapor.
Should this dome either be opened (via Gloves of Control or button on the dash) or destroyed (AC 2, Hardness 7, HP 359), this quality is lost.
Colossal Air Vehicle
Squares (30ft by 110ft); Cost 500,000 gp
AC 2; Hardness 7
Hp 720 (359)
Base Save +0
Maximum Speed 200 ft.; Acceleration 75 ft.
Weapons 3 Energy Ballista (Exotic Weapon, AC 14, Hardness 5, HP 75 / 3d8 DMG, 19-20/x2, 120ft Range, Magic, Crew 1 Spellcaster, Aim 0, Reload 2); May only fire out the sides of the ship they are positioned on; may not be aimed to the rear of the ship. Unless disenchanted, they require no ammunition and produce their own. Bolts do full damage to objects. Force Bolts regenerate with Load times, but Special Bolts have a universal recharge: 2d3 rounds.
- Force Bolt: As normal.
- Acid Bolt: Change damage type to Acid. The ammunition deals half its damage in a splash to all creatures and unattended objects within 15 feet of the target hit by the siege engine. Creatures can halve the splash damage with a DC 19 Reflex saving throw.
- Cold Bolt: Change damage type to Cold. The ammunition creates an ice sheen within a 20-foot-radius burst around the target of the siege engine’s attack. That sheen lasts 1d6 rounds. Creatures within the ice sheen are entangled. Any creature within the area of the ice sheen at the start of its turn takes 2d6 cold damage.
- Electric Bolt: Change damage type to Electric. Creatures hit by the seige engine attack or within 15 feet of the attack are staggered for 1 round.
- Fire Bolt: Change damage type to Fire. Creatures and wood objects within 15 feet of the attack may catch on fire.
- Sonic Bolt: Change damage type to Sonic. Creatures hit by the attack or within 20 feet of the attack must succeed at a DC 19 Fortitude saving throw or be deafened for one hour.
Attack ram 8d8
CMB +8; CMD 18
Propulsion muscle (elemental), commanded magic (gloves of control), or helmed magic (via wheel)
Driving Check commanded (Diplomacy or Intimidation) or helmed (Profession – Navigator)
Forward Facing the ship’s forward
Driving Device Gloves of Control (AC 12, Hardness 3, HP 20) or the 15 squares that contain the Air Elemental (AC 2, Hardness 7, HP 359)
Driving Space the six squares around the helm or 15 squares that contain the elemental
Crew if manned: 2 or 5 (armed) / unmanned: 1 or 4 (armed)
Cargo Up to 30 tons or 150 passengers (cramped and uncomfortable quarters)